Effective date: May 25, 2018
Columbus McKinnon Industrial Products GmbH attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data. We process the personal data that we collect in the context of a visit to our website and our social media pages, and, where applicable, through our customer service department in connection with this website, in accordance with the rules and regulations in effect in the country in which our company responsible for processing your personal data is located.
1. Contact Information
Columbus McKinnon Hungary Kft.
Vásárhelyi út 5.
Tel: +36 22 880-540
Fax: +36 22 880-503
Managing Director: Hans-Georg Bubolz
Our Data Privacy Officer in the European Union:
Human Resource Director, CMCO Region EMEA
STAHL CraneSystems GmbH
Daimlerstr. 6 | 74653 Künzelsau | Germany
T +497940 1282217 / F +497940 1282120
Mobile +49 162 2824258
2. Collection of personal data
Personal data collected from our website
When you visit our website, our web servers, as a standard feature, store the IP address and the domain from which access is obtained, the date and time of the visit, which of our websites you visit and technical information on the visit (http method, http version, http status code, length of the transmitted data, browser used).
If you log on to our website as a user, we also store the user ID needed to log on.
When visiting our web applications (e.g. CAD & go application programs), we may also store the information required to use this application effectively (language, session ID, configurator step, selected data within the configurator).
We may also collect personal data such as name, contact details and communication data, contract particularities, contacts and voluntary statements if you make this data available to us at your own initiative, for example within the framework of a registration, a survey or a sales promotion competition, the fulfilment of a contract or if you contact our customer support services.
Personal data collected from our social media pages
When you visit and interact with our social media pages on third party websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube), we will collect personal data about you. We may collect personal data such as your name, user IDs, gender, photographs, content you publish on our social media pages and other information that you choose to make publicly available on social media.
If you click on the plug-ins available on our website, you will be redirected to our social media pages on third party websites.
This Data Protection Policy does not govern the collection and use of your personal data by third parties through this third party websites. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party websites in order to obtain more information about how your data is collected and how you can manage what personal data is collection.
3. Purpose limitation and disclosure of personal data
Your personal data will only be used for the purpose for which you have disclosed it to us or for compatible purposes.
We use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
• to conclude or perform a contract with you, for example to:
– process your purchases of or requests for products and services according to our Terms of Service;
– communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services.
• for our legitimate business purposes, including to:
– respond to your inquiries and requests for information;
– maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, ads, and the products and services we offer;
– detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
– facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications; and
• to comply with our legal obligations, for example to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes and as required by applicable law (e.g., tax law, product safety law);
• on the basis of your consent, for example we may use certain kinds of cookies and to send you via email and other electronic means personalized promotions and special offers or informing you about our products, services, events, or other promotional purposes; and
To the extent that our collection of your personal information is based on consent, please note that you can withdraw your consent with effects for the future, at any time. If we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you may have a right to oppose such processing with effects for the future. If you want to withdraw consent or express opposition, please contact us at the address mentioned above.
4. Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data for the purposes mentioned above.
Personal data will be passed on to our affiliates within our corporate group (CMCO). Such data will only be passed on to government/state institutions and authorities within the framework of mandatory national legal provisions.
We may also share personal data with services providers in connection with the operation of this website and our company, including website hosting, the provision of our services, and promotional material distribution. Our employees have been bound by us to maintain secrecy and to protect personal data entrusted to us.
We may share personal data with other third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale or assignment of assets, merger, or divestiture of our company and affiliated companies.
Where we share your personal data within our corporate group or with service providers, we will put in place contractual safeguards to ensure that your data is treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
When we share your data with an entity located outside of the European Union, we will put in place, in line with applicable legal requirements, appropriate safeguards to ensure that your data gets the same protection as it does here in the European Union. These measures may include entering into standard contractual clauses with the non-EU entities that receive your data. You have the right to request from us information about, including a copy of, the contractual safeguards we put in place to transfer personal data to a country that does not guarantee a level of data protection equivalent to that in the EU.
Under the GDPR, and subject to limitations, you may have a right to request from us access,
rectification, erasure, restriction and discontinuance of processing, and portability of your personal data and not to be subject to automated individual decision-making. You may, for example, request us to confirm whether we hold any personal data about you and, where applicable, request us to provide you with a copy of your personal data. If you gave us your consent, you have the right to withdraw it any time with effects to the future. If we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you have the right to oppose our processing at any time with effects to the future.
Requests to exercise your rights should be addressed to the contact information listed above.
If, in spite of our best endeavors to ensure the correctness and accuracy of the data, incorrect
information is stored, we will correct this information after receiving appropriate written instruction to do so. Please contact us if you think that your personal data is not accurate, complete or up to date.
If you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We take reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify any personal data where:
• we no longer need the personal data for any of the purposes for which the personal data was
collected or for a related purpose; and
• we are not required by law, a regulator or a court/tribunal order, to retain the personal data.
7. Data safety
Columbus McKinnon uses technical and organizational security measures to protect your data so as to prevent accidental or deliberate tampering, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures, such as for example data encryption, are regularly adapted and improved in line with technological developments. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal data, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
8. Links to websites of other providers
9. Google Maps
10. Automated data collection
Cookies are small text files that your Internet browser files and stores on your computer. Cookies do not damage your computer and do not contain any viruses. We use these cookies to render our offer more user-friendly, effective and safe.
We use different kind of cookies on our website:
- cookies that are essential to the operation of this website and which enable services you have specifically asked for to be provided. These types of cookies provide, for example, the necessary security your visit to our website requires and help ensure the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide services that you have asked for.
- cookies that collect information about how visitors use our website, for example, which of our pages our visitors go to most often and if visitors get error messages on those pages. We use this information to improve how our website works.
- cookies that allow our website to remember choices you make, such as, remembering your language and the information you provided in our contact form. The aim of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience so that you do not have to reset your preferences each time you visit us.
- cookies that track your browsing habits so that we can show you advertising which we hope is relevant to your interests. These advertising cookies use information about your web browsing activity to group you with other users who have similar interests and show you advertisements based upon those interests. Information about your browsing habits is passed by us to third party advertisers so that you are shown more tailored advertisements. These types of cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Below we briefly identify the cookies we use:
|Provider||Cookie||Cookie- Type||Purpose||Duration of the Cookie|
|First Party Cookie
First Party Cookie
First Party Cookie
First Party Cookie
First Party Cookie
We use Google AdWords re-marketing technology offered by Google LLC. to market our products and services throughout the Internet. We place a cookie on your browser, and Google reads these cookies and may serve an ad about our products and services on third-party websites, after you have visited our website.
You may object to this at any time by following the instructions provided on this website [insert link to <https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en>].
As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on the link below to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data from this website in the future. An opt-out cookie will be placed on your device. If you delete your cookies, you must click this link again. Deactivate Google Analytics [insert link]
We may use other industry standard technologies like tags to track your use of our website. Tags are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our website that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages, the tags generate a notice of that action and transmits us personal data about your use of our website such as [please complete]. Tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance.
We may also use tags provided by our marketing partners for the purposes mentioned above. These tags may transmit certain personal data about you to our marketing partners (as further explained below). We will only activate these tags if you consent to this in the cookie banner.
We manage the tags using an interface offered by Google LLC: Google Tag Manager. The tool causes other tags to be activated that may prompt the collection of personal data about you.
You are able to control whether and how the cookies and tags collect personal data about you by opting-in or opting out through the cookie banner we present to you when you first access the website or by going to your web browser’s settings (as explained below).
Some of the plug-ins (“Like” button) from Facebook are integrated on our website (Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA). When you visit the respective page on our website, Facebook will be informed of which of our Internet pages you visited with your IP address. If you are logged into Facebook as a member, this is assigned to your personal Facebook user account. When using the plug-in functions (e.g. clicking the “Like” button, posting a comment), this information is also assigned to your Facebook account, which you can prevent by logging out before using the plug-in.
“Do Not Track” Technology – Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Opt out – You may be able to reject cookies tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many common browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
11. Updates to this Data Protection Policy
In order to keep up with the continuing development of the Internet or to implement changes to our services in the Data Protection Policy, we shall be entitled at any time to amend this data protection policy while adhering to the provisions of data privacy and data protection legislation.